Monday 14 September 2009

Skincare.

Just thought as a first post I'd talk about skincare, & what products I use etc etc :)

To be honest with you I don't follow the 'cleanse, tone, moisturise' routine that a lot of people follow religiously. If that works for you though, thumbs up!

Let me give you a little bit of history about my skin first of all, to highlight the problems I have had with it. All through school, so from age 13 to probably about 17 or 18, I suffered from severe acne. I tried everything, and I mean everything, from tea tree sticks to face washes to scrubs to cleansers. I had multiple visits to the doctors and was prescribed everything, from the pill to topical treatments, to tablets, and eventually to a drug called Roacutane, which despite its horrendous potential side effects, turned out to be an absolute miracle worker for me (most doctors will take you down the same route of treatments and leave Roacutane as a last resort)
So since being on these tablets, my skin has cleared up wonderfully. I still get spots every now and then, but nowhere near as badly as I did before.


I wash my face with Skin Therapy 3 in 1 Fragrance Free Facial Wipes.

I purchase mine from Wilkinsons, where they nearly always have a deal on for two for 99p. There are 25 wipes in a pack. They are the cheapest facial wipes I've ever come across and I can't knock them one bit for quality. They are dermatologically tested, PH balanced, Allergen free, and are described to 'gently cleanse, tone & moisturise delicate skin'.

What I find with this product is that if I don't use them, then my skin doesn't like it. Since using them I have had perfectly clear skin, which feels clean and fresh after usage. Highly recommend!

* My Northern flat mate has just informed me that Trotters in the North sell these in packs of 40 for 60p or two for £1....he is having a moan that Wilkinsons is the rival of his dad's store and that I should not be bigging them up, but pfft :P*

If I feel like my skin is playing up and that I'm about to become victim to a breakout, I'll whip out the trusty lemon juice, which I know a lot of bloggers swear by. It really is very good. I use the bottled Lemon juice from Tesco. It's strange because I have tried the lemon juice in the lemon shaped bottle, it might be called Jif? I'm not too sure. But I found it to be less effective. Perhaps it isn't pure lemon juice, I really don't know as I don't have it to hand to check.

But anywho. I try to avoid anything on my face that might cause me breakouts, such as fake tan.
Apart from the above, thats all I use in my skincare routine. Cheap & cheerful :)

Holly
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment